Flying Pig Full and Half Marathon Training
Tri-State Running Company – Official Sponsor of the Flying Pig
Have you been dreaming about flying with the pigs in downtown Cincinnati, finishing a half marathon, or a full marathon? We can help make your dreams come true!! Join us to train for the 19th annual Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon and Half Marathon happening on May 7th. Our programs are designed to help get you to the finish line, but most importantly, our groups are fun. We train hard but play harder. The culture of our groups is to help and support each other. From runners to walkers, coaches to participants and store staff, we all care for one another and thrive on the success of each and every one. People who train with us make friends for life!
Heart Mini Marathon Training too!
As a proud sponsor of the Heart Mini Marathon (American Heart Association), our program will not only get you ready for the Flying Pig, it will also have you prepared for Heart Mini weekend as well. Whether you are doing the Heart Mini 15K or the Heart Mini Half Marathon, our Spring training program will have you ready to go!
Our Spring program
This year we will again have training groups out of both locations: Edgewood, KY and Mariemont, OH with many different pace groups for runners, run/walkers, and walkers.
Training Group Details
- Wednesdays at 6:30pm
- Saturdays at 7:30am
- Training will begin Wednesday January 4, 2017
- Tuesdays at 6:30pm
- Saturdays at 7:30am
- Training will begin Tuesday, January 3, 2017
The cost of the half and full training group programs is $115.
Our program is a mixture of long runs, recovery runs, speed work, races and hill repeats. Not only will you finish the race, we will help you get faster. Not interested in speed or hill repeats, no problem – we will adjust workouts to meet individual needs.
Training Program Benefits
- Race Day help and support
- Coaches to help you on-course
- Tri-State Running Company cheer zones
- Pre-race and post-race meeting area – a supervised spot for you to leave personal belongings
- Post-race celebration at the Tri-State Running Company tents with beverages, treats, and more!
- Picnic celebration after the 22/12 mile training runs
- Pasta party to carb load before the big day
- Happy hours
- Exclusive shopping opportunities
- Discounts to select races
- Shirt and socks
- Weekly emails to keep you up-to-date on the latest happenings
- Dedicated Facebook page
- Pace group coaches – we have the best coaches available who are committed to helping you achieve your goal
- The Heart Mini-Marathon is incorporated in your training schedule. We will use this as a training run to help prepare you for your goal race.
We know that life happens. Participants have three workout options each week to choose from. If you are unable to make a Tuesday workout in Mariemont, come to Edgewood and join on Wednesday evening or vice versa. Group runs at both location are available for participants to choose from.
Register here for Flying Pig HALF MARATHON Training Group
Register here for Flying Pig FULL MARATHON Training Group
Everybody needs help sometimes!
To help you achieve your run/walk goals, we have wonderful partners to support you through the process.
18-week runner specific functional training:
•Sessions will address runner specific needs such as balance improvement, core strengthening, total-body strength, mobility and body maintenance techniques
•Sessions will progress as your training program does, as mileage goes up, weight training will go down and mobility exercises increase. This course is focused on not only getting you across the finish line, but finishing strong and recovering quickly for your next challenge.
Barre 3 Mariemont
Runners and Walkers often neglect other parts of their body that are needed to stay healthy and improve performance. Barre3 is for everyone. It provides a full body workout using low-impact movements. Every barre3 class works strategically to build strength and flexibility for optimal body balance and improved posture. Body balance is more than losing weight and building muscle tone. With body balance comes improved digestion, increased energy, minimized risk of injury, a clear mind, and a healthier and happier way of life. All things that are important to Runners and Walkers.
Injuries are an unfortunate part of all exercise. Things happen throughout training that may cause discomfort and even injury. If this happens, get treated by some of the best medical professionals in the city! Once a week, Mercy Health will offer free injury clinics to all our runners who have questions or concerns. Mercy Health will help get you back on your feet so you miss a minimal amount of training or before further injury is caused.
Hogue Chiropractic Center
Dr. Hogue and team focus on the body as a whole, addressing and restoring biomechanical balance.
Working hard means playing hard! Enjoy happy hour and some of the area’s best beer at 50 West Brewing Company. Also, join us on weekly 50 West fun runs that will start later in the Spring.
If you have additional questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call one of our locations: Edgewood – 859-341-9999 OR Mariemont – 513-407-6441
Flying Pig Full and Half Marathon Informational Meetings:
We will have two locations for our meetings. One will be at our Edgewood Store-148 Barnwood Drive, Edgewood, KY 41017 and the other location will be our Mariemont Store-7433 Wooster Pike, Cincinnati, OH 45227
· Monday, December 5th – 7PM Edgewood
· Tuesday, December 6th – 7PM Mariemont
· Thursday, December 8th – 7PM Edgewood
· Monday, December 12th – 7PM Mariemont
· Tuesday, December 13th – 7PM Edgewood
· Thursday, December 15th – 7PM Mariemont
· Monday, December 19th – 7PM Mariemont
· Tuesday, December 20th– 7PM Edgewood
· Wednesday, December 28th – 7PM Mariemont
· Thursday, December 29th – 7PM Edgewood
· Monday, January 4th – 7PM Mariemont
· Tuesday, January 5th – 7PM Edgewood